Top tips for filming with your smart phone
Christmas is a prime time for filming with your family and be it the school nativity, your children unwrapping their stocking or the lighting of the Christmas pudding make sure you are ready to capture these memories with our top tips for filming with your smart phone.
1. Turn your phone 180 degrees so you are shooting in landscape to ensure your film fills the screen when you watch it on your TV screen.
2. Interview your children, asking them question adds context to your film and captures their voices and mannerisms on camera for posterity.
3. Cut out background noise if possible, switching off the washing machine, hoover, radio and so on makes it easier to edit later on.
4. Shoot little and often, keep your phone charged and to hand.
5. Back up your photos and films regularly. Setting up automatic uploads to the Cloud means you never risk loosing precious memories and can free up space on your phone.